I had this issue with Reporting on newly created Distributed Applications. They just wouldn’t appear in the availability Report. So my guess was that they weren’t sync’d to the Data Warehouse.
When looking into the Operations Manager EventLog I saw the followinf error:
Notice the sentence “The duplicate key value is (1814, Oct 29 2013 3:23PM)”
I my case I used query:
WHERE FromDateTime like ‘Oct 29 2013 3:23PM‘
This gave me back the following Result (Notice that the ManagedEntityRowId corresponds with the eventlog 1814 😉
Next step was to find the object:
where ManagedEntityRowId = ‘1814’
The result shows the object that is causing the problem!
I think I could have just deleted the Record from the database…But that’s unsupported.
So what I did was…
– I disabled the discovery for the object in the OperationsManager Console
– I used the powershell Cmdlet Remove-SCOMDisabledClassInstance
And all was resolved, I can now Report on my Distributed Applications Availability.